5 Internal Linking Tips You Should Be Doing
SEO or search engine optimization is one of the finest ways to achieve higher visibility over the internet. Higher the rank of your website more will be the traffic and the sales. So the main motive is to bring your website to the top so that more and more people can see it. In order to accomplish this purpose, you need to follow a number of SEO approaches keeping in mind the target to be achieved. Now it is your decision as to which tactics will work and show the right results. Among the different aspects which can improve the visibility of your website, the site’s internal linking is one of them.
It is seen that most people work on external links and forget about Internet Linking. This is where they make a mistake as internal linking is more important and can have a positive impact on the popularity of the website. Before working on the external linking, take a close look at your website and see how the different pages are linked to each other. Good internal linking will not only be fruitful in bringing your site to the top but enhance its overall functionality as well. This is the reason that one needs to pay attention to the internal linking structure and adhere to the SEO Latest Updates regarding the same.
In order to achieve proper linking, you need to keep a few tips in mind so that things move in the right direction. Here are some of the useful tips that can make a difference to your website.
- Relevant keyword anchor text – One of the biggest mistakes that people do is the wrong selection of the anchor text. A better idea is to use your most popular keyword as the anchor text within the link. This will help the visitors to directly reach the concerned page and indexing will improve. When search engines crawl on your website, it is the anchor text which is seen first, so if it is your keyword it will be better for the ranking of your site. Thus using the keyword as the anchor text can definitely help in strengthening the internal linking structure of your site.
- Remove or repair your broken links – Search engines love smooth linking and do not want to land on pages with broken links. So to enhance your website indexing, you either get rid of such links or repair them by including the anchor text or you can even redirect it to another page. This will improve the way the search engines crawl on your website. So it is important to work on the broken links of your website and make sure there are no invalid pages that harm its ranking.
- Linking through content – The most effective way of linking is through the content and therefore it is necessary to have quality information on all your pages. Using the content you can link pages to one another and see how traffic pours into your website. Linking via content is not just helpful in connecting your pages but for ranking purposes too. You can add keywords to your pages and link them to the different parts of your website thus achieving proper navigation from one page to the other.
- Have a sitemap for your website – One of the best SEO techniques that you can follow for improved internal linking is creating a sitemap for your website. A sitemap is a path for the search engines to crawl on your website so if you integrate the same it will help in bringing the site to the first page of Google. Another thing that you can do is add the link to the sitemap which too works well. Every page of your site can have the same thing done so that linking is properly done.
- Have a call to action links – Call to action is very important for a website and must be included on every page. It is because it directs the visitors to the required page and provides the complete information. So if you have a link with a call to action, things become really easy for the people as they just click on the CTA and reach the page they have requested. So it makes a lot of sense and people do not have to see anything as they are directed to the concerned page. So this how call to action with the links can do wonders for you in getting more sales.
Read also: Five Tips to Improve Website Rankings
So these are the 5 important tips that you can follow to achieve better internal linking. If you focus on this aspect you can look forward to several benefits not only in terms of ranking but the traffic and conversions too. Thus it will be a good idea if you give time to the site’s internal linking and make sure all the pages are properly linked and have enough information as well. Only then you will be able to get enough traffic to the site and take the advantage of the same. Hope these tips make a difference to your site as well as the ranking.
Author Bio: Kylee Brown is an SEO Trainer by profession and Writer by hobby. She has been providing SEO courses in Singapore. Her advanced internet marketing skills will provide you the most recent information. She has done lots of creative works in the field of online marketing. She has written multi-fold blogs and articles that present strategic approaches, and marketing tips for online businesses.